The Benar Media Freedom Event is still on tomorrow.
Right from the outset, we have made it clear that there will be no public gathering. The event was not intended as a public demonstration or a show of defiance. As stated previously, arrive on your own, park where it is convenient and walk in ones or twos to the NPC.
To avoid unnecessary difficulties, we wish to remind all participants of the following…
- There are only 25 parking spots near the NPC so you have to find other parking nearby.
- The map provided previously shows the location of the NPC so you should be able to walk to the NPC from wherever you are parked.
- If you plan to park at St Mary’s Church or the Dataran Underground Park, remember, the Dataran main road will be closed but the side roads are still open.
- If you park at the Dataran Underground Park, DO NOT LOITER THERE. Walk immediately to the NPC via the most convenient route.
- If there are any barricades, avoid those and find your way around them. Do not seek confrontation.
- Refreshments will be available from 9:30 am so you can start as early as 9:15 or even 9:00 am.
- Journalists, bloggers and ordinary citizens, do turn out in large numbers and show your solidarity.
- Take some useful exercise this Sunday morning and work with your government to address the issue of Media Freedom.
Remember, you do not require a police permit to walk in ones and twos. Therefore, as you walk to the NPC, avoid gathering in groups.
See you on Sunday 1st June 2008.